Does it seem like…
- … vulnerable connection is difficult?
- … you keep making the same relationship mistakes?
- … your backstory keeps you from moving forward?
- … sabotage important relationships?
- … undermine your own happiness?
- … chase after that perfect relationship, hoping it will make up for all that you aren’t?
Hi, I’m Jeremy
I ended up in a graduate counseling program when I was already 20 years into a successful career in graphic design. I hadn’t planned on going back to school. I wasn’t planning on changing careers. And I definitely hadn’t anticipated that I’d be heading into my 40s sitting in a therapist’s office to struggle through the aftermath of a devastating breakup.
As I was wrestling through the pieces of my own story, the questions that I kept coming back to were: “If we’re fundamentally wired for connection, why is it such a struggle for me? And why does it seem like pieces of backstory keep popping up and keeping me from forming deep, meaningful relationships?”
I’m a marriage and family therapist, and I am passionate about providing a judgement-free space to help individuals heal from old hurt, to become their best selves, and forge deep meaningful relationships.
My approach is relational, collaborative, and engaged. We’ll work together to:
- Explore and clarify your values around relationships and sexuality
- Increase your ability to feel and be authentically present to your important relationships
- Learn to communicate in a way that increases intimacy and connection
- Listen to your body’s wisdom, and learn to honor your boundaries
- Help you become your best self, and forge the relationships you deserve.
We’re not just going to talk about what keeps you stuck; we’re also going to pay attention to what makes you come alive and what moves you forward. You’re going to learn practical relationship skills in session that you can take with you to use when you’re not in my office. I am LGBTQ-affirming and work with adult individuals of any orientation or gender. My work is informed by attachment theory, interpersonal neurobiology, and Somatic Experiencing; I also have extensive post-graduate training in sex therapy and trauma.